Royal Caribbean International has released details of the work to be carried out on the ‘Explorer of the Seas’ when she drydocks for her $110 mill refurbishment programme next year.
The noteworthy additions will be:
• The Perfect Storm, two waterslides – Cyclone and Typhoon.
• A re-designed poolscape will bring a new, resort-style look and all-day island experience, with a wider variety of seating, from hammocks and daybeds to casitas and in-pool loungers. Adults looking for alone time will be able to escape to the rejuvenated Solarium.
• The Lime & Coconut is Royal Caribbean’s signature, poolside bar. The three-level slice of the Caribbean will offer live music, vacation-mode cocktails and the best views of the action on board, as well as the Mediterranean landscape from the rooftop deck
RCI will also expand on the diverse offering of restaurants, bars and lounges that include Asian cuisine at Izumi, the Chops Grille American steakhouse, Boleros Latin lounge, Schooner Bar and more. New venues include:
• Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen is the cruise line’s new take on its signature Italian restaurant.
• Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade.
• Johnny Rockets Express will be poolside.
• A standalone Starbucks will be fitted on board with its signature menu of drinks and pastries.
During her time in the Eastern Mediterranean, she will be joined by the re-furbished ‘Allure of the Seas’, the ‘Oasis’ class ship cruising the Western Mediterranean from Barcelona.
‘Explorer of the Seas’ will be the fourth ‘Voyager’ class ship to be transformed as part of the cruise line’s Royal Amplified fleet modernisation project.
At an investment of more than $1 bill, across 10 ships in four years, the programme is claimed to touch every facet of the guest experience.